Windows Paint for Mac

Madelin

Registered
Quick query...

Was wondering if there is a simple Mac application with the same features of Microsoft's Paint for windows. I just want a lightweight app capable of allowing me to draw simple pictures and do very simple editing (eg black out an area of a picture). Any recommendations?

Many thanks in advance.

Quick query...

Was wondering if there is a simple Mac application with the same features of Microsoft's Paint for windows. ...
This question gets asked and answered a lot. GraphicConverter may have been bundled with your Mac. If not, download it. Some users like the freeware Seashore.

Thanks for the suggestions. Im sure theres a few people who would have found this thread helpful.

I went with graphicconverter by the way. Its a bit dodgy though and may swap to something else soon.

Well theres nothing really wrong with it, its just setout in a way where it will take me a while to find all the features. Maybe its just a little to complicated for what i wanted.

graphic convertor is an image conversion tool, not a painting program.

as i see it, there is no current replacement for windows paint, on the mac.

windows paint was MS's version of Mac Paint, which then sort of became photoshop 1. photoshop is now a little too expensive to work as a viable Paint replacement...

graphic convertor is an image conversion tool, not a painting program.

No. GraphicConverter's format conversion functions work very well and give the app its name. However, this veteran Mac app is very much the poor man's Photoshop. It can edit photographs and other raster graphic images. It can also create raster graphic images from scratch. Compared to GraphicConverter, Windows Paint is sidewalk chalk.

Back