Windows programs on tiger?

uh oh.. lol.. maxed out credit limit >< stupid visa.. lol. 1 gb ram.. 60 hd.. lol hada downgrade.. does anyone know if starcraft work with virtual pc? anyone use linux wit mac os x as well?

I've got Virtual PC installed on a G3 iMac, and it is indeed slow, but useful for a quick check of a web page. That's about it really.

I'm wondering how much faster the latest version of VPC would run on my new G5 iMac.

Anybody made that transition and care to comment?

aych said:
uh oh.. lol.. maxed out credit limit >< stupid visa.. lol. 1 gb ram.. 60 hd.. lol hada downgrade.. does anyone know if starcraft work with virtual pc? anyone use linux wit mac os x as well?

Starcraft comes with a Mac installer on the CD. You may need to download the Mac OS X installer, but you shouldn't need to use VPC to play Starcraft.

and: VPC and games are basically no-go. You'd be very disappointed by performance, if you even tried... Well: Solitaire runs okay, I guess...

I've often thought Apple should release iChat for Windows, that'd grab in a few more cross platform users, and expand the user base too.

Back