Windows Support...

HateEternal

Mac Metal Head
So now that you can run Windows natively on Apple hardware are we going to have to start helping people with Windows issues?

Just food for though :p

Well, considering it's not an official solution neither Apple, MS, nor we have to support that. We'll leave it for the OSx86 guys to handle that. ;)

As interesting as it is they got XP to work, I remain unchanged about it. I certainly am not interested in or knowledgeable enough to offer Windows support.

I appreciate the fact that someone go it working... and I'm sure we'll see a more formal software solution soon... it's good that it's possible, so that we won't HAVE to buy a PC just to run Windows. Good news, but I'm not jumping for joy, uncontrollably.

what what i can tell, it only works on intel imacs right now. i would not be intrested in it until they got it working on the upcoming mac pro towers (so that there would be enough power to play games, like bf2 and hl2). but then only after i get one, which will most likely be in 10 years from some thrift or surplus place. but i did find and dl the patch just in case apple desides to shut them down, i'd still have it.

as far as supporting the win side, i don't think so, this is mac os x .com, not macintosh computers .com, so we support os x, not macs running win :rolleyes:.

They actually have it working on every Mactel except the 20 inch iMac. Good video drives are not yet available. Which actually surprises me. I assumed that because the new Macs are more or less PCs that the video cards would be identical to any other ATI or nVidia card. I mean the chip-sets are the same... I would assume the firmware is the same because windows _works_ with it... so what's the deal?

I am wondering any future ability to get Windows to work on a Mac concerns like Dell, Levino, etc?
Even PC people like Apple hardware, and if getting Windows works on a Mac easily, I wonder if PC companies are concerned for hardware sales?

I swung by the onmac site today. They have a great deal of information available for running windows on your mac. The wiki is excellent.

dont support Windows on these boards, there are plenty of Windows help message boards out there. this is one of the few mac-only oriented ones, keep it that way.

Back