Windows USB TV Cards on Intel MAC?

Shash

Registered
Hello there, i am currently using an Intel MAC with Tiger 10.4.

I was thinking of buying one of those USB TV cards to record television on my MAC. Now, from the research i have done, MAC OS X TV cards seem to be much more expensive than the Windows ones..

So my question is, would a MAC OS X be able to detect an external USB TV card?

Im guessing that the software that would come with it may not work (although im hoping the program "CrossOver" could install it..) but that really isnt a problem.

If it would not work, i do have Parallels Desktop, with Windows XP running.

Would that be able to detect the USB TV card and install the software?

Thanks for any help!!!

You'd have to try and see if it works in Parallels. I'd personally say "no" here, because graphics are emulated using Parallels. You could use, of course, a Windows installation through BootCamp, but then you'd have to leave Mac OS X for watching/recording TV. I think it's a pity that there are no really cheap Mac TV cards, but your best (cheapest) bet still is to get one of the cheapest of those which _do_ support the Mac directly.

Im actually desperate enough to install bootcamp, lol.. But i wouldnt want to buy the card and then have it not read by the MAC..

Although Windows works natively on a MAC, i heard that it fails to recognise some of the USB components designed for Windows..

Thanks for the reply!

Anybody out there tried it?

Back