Windows User's Take on iTunes

legacyb4

Registered
Gotta love this one... guess Shannon needs to learn how to operate her<?> computer a little more efficiently than just shutting down the firewall to access Web services.

-

http://www.wired.com/news/rants/0,2350,60897,00.html

Date: 10/20/2003 05:18 AM
Subject: ITunes, Now for the Rest of Us

When I heard Apple Computer had released iTunes for Windows, naturally I wanted to try it ("ITunes, Now for the Rest of Us," Oct. 16, 2003). I went to the company's homepage for the download and snickered at the iTunes-trumpeting headline: "Hell Freezes Over."

Everything went well with the download and installation, and the system worked fine, including the streaming radio channels. There was only one catch: I couldn't connect to the music store.

I sent an e-mail through the Apple website describing the trouble, and got two responses back. Both said that if I was running an Internet security program, firewall or proxy connection, I wouldn't be able to connect to the store. I would have to shut down the firewall.

Well, now it's obvious that these are Mac people, isn't it? No Windows user on a high-speed connection -- recommended for iTunes -- would dare leave his or her computer without a firewall long enough to download songs. The result is that iTunes for Windows isn't quite as available as Apple would have us believe.

Guess hell hasn't quite frozen over yet.

LOL
My PC at home and the other at the office can access the music store no problem - and they both have HARDWARE and SOFTWARE firewalls! Gee, someone's not doing something right with her firewall. :p

I like how you put her email address in bold to try to get us to send her nasty emails. :D

Back