Windows XP Media Center

Originally posted by cabbage
It's a DVD Player, Picture Browser, Stereo (CD/mp3/wma/Internet radio), Picture Browser and TiVo

I want one! Does Apple have plans to come with something like this? Pretty much you've able to do all this stuff for years but there is a remote control....awesome

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/

In OS X.x.x we have the DVD player (DVD Player), we have the Picture Browser (iPhoto, Preview), we have the stereo (iTunes) thank you very much...

TiVo we can also have! A remote control to work all these instead of mouse? Hmmmm... Sounds extra extra extra geek... Sounds so M$! :D

Anyways, with bluetooth or even with wireless products a remote control is VERY easy for Apple or any other company out there to manufacture it BUT: Do we really want it? Need it? Care for it?

I for one, DO NOT... :mad:

If I was Apple I would build NOT a remote control but I would go for Voice Recognision to control all the above functions instead... Now, this could be handy ;) Or should I say Ultra Geek :D

Yes I need it!!!

I don't have a DVD Player to watch a DVD on my TV but I have a DVD-Rom. I don't have a stereo to listen to CD's but I have a CD-Rom. I don't have a VCR to record TV shows but I have a TV tuner/Video Capture card. I could care less about the photo browsing.

With the remote control I can do all of this from my TV, not my monitor.

I've read that Windows Media Center isn't that great, yet. It only works with certain hardware, so you can't just go out and buy it and install it.

Any way, Sony had their MX series PC (Not based on WMC) out a year before HP and others released their WMC PCs. Sony's MX PC had built in mini disc recorder, personal video recorder, FM tuner, tv, DVD burner, and remote.

Back