Windows XP on MacOSX (10.3.9) Network

Macdo

Registered
Hi everyone,

Im having probably a common problem which i dont know how to fix this ?
I have Several Windows XP and Some Windows 2000 Machines running on the MacOSX (10.3.9) Network.

I have no problems with the Windows 2000 Machines on that same network, but the Windows XP machines keep saying that the Network is Unreachable.

Anyone here got a clue how to fix this?
I have Allready tried the method including:
Turning of Windows XP Firewall

That didnt help, allso i cannot install windows 2000 on those machines because they are needed to do some work which must be specifically done on XP machines !

Hope getting here some usefull information,

D

Macdo said:
Hi everyone,

Im having probably a common problem which i dont know how to fix this ?
I have Several Windows XP and Some Windows 2000 Machines running on the MacOSX (10.3.9) Network.

I have no problems with the Windows 2000 Machines on that same network, but the Windows XP machines keep saying that the Network is Unreachable.

Anyone here got a clue how to fix this?
I have Allready tried the method including:
Turning of Windows XP Firewall

That didnt help, allso i cannot install windows 2000 on those machines because they are needed to do some work which must be specifically done on XP machines !

Hope getting here some usefull information,

D

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do. Are you just trying to access xp shares from the mac? Try shutting off simple file sharing on the XP machine if this is the case. What method are you using to connect to the XP machine. Give some more detail and hopefully I can offer a solution.

Back