Windows XP theme for OSX...

ThE OutsiDer

Registered
I don't know whether to say thanks or "Bluurrrrrphh"!

macosxp.jpg

http://hem.passagen.se/max_08/macos_xp_luna.sit

I wish there was a pure Amiga or star trek skin.

I vote we compare the nimber of people who download that theme for OS X with the people who downloaded the Aqua theme for XP. Looks like apple's design is more popular...

Bernie :eek:)

I wanna scare my dad, is there an UNDO-button on that thing? So I can get our beloved iMac BACK to Aqua?

lol-whoever made this should focus their effort on the followint themes:

BeOS
NeXT
LCARS
AMIGA OS (3.9-4.0)
lol:p

I think that the Luna theme is nice. I used tu use skins a lot some time ago, but now I realised that is better to have the original interfase.

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
lol-whoever made this should focus their effort on the followint themes:

BeOS
NeXT
LCARS
AMIGA OS (3.9-4.0)
lol:p

LCARS would be cool but I wanna have an OS similar to the one in the Jonny Mnemonic movie :) SHADOWRUN LIVES!

I never liked LCars - although I'd like a "KDE" type theme.

But with WinXP's colors... I don't know, I never had a problem with Windows color scheme (although it is a bit "cartoony") It was just annoying. Things are like... 5 clicks deep just to change the start menu back to the way it worked before. :(

Brian.

Hey,
I got duality and whenever i import the .theme folder it says the theme format is invalid. Am i doing something wrong? Can Someone who has successfully installed it tell me whats wrong?

Originally posted by stephanec
Hey,
I got duality and whenever i import the .theme folder it says the theme format is invalid. Am i doing something wrong? Can Someone who has successfully installed it tell me whats wrong?
The same thing happens to me.:confused:
Somebody please help us.

you have to put just the .theme folder in the library/themes folder, you can't put the whole Mac OS XP Luna folder in there, then reload duality (not really even necessary) and it should work. You have to log out for the theme to take effect

I haven't used Duality, but from what RyanLang seems to have said, you make a folder in the /Library folder named Themes, and put it in there...

LCARS would be nice, even better if it talked back like it does on startrek.

BTW does anyone know what LCARS stands for, I know the voice is Gene Rodenberry's wife.

Nautilus eizel had a nice gui once for linux, i think it was created by an ex-mac gui artist.

no no no, you don't make a themes folder. Duality reads .themes files, which are essentially folders. when you get the luna theme, you drag the Mac OS XP.theme folder to the library/themes folder. That should be everything

Back