WindowShade X stopped working

AtomicDog

Registered
Hi,

I have been using WindowShade X for some time, but after the 10.3.7 and 10.3.8 OSX updates it stopped working. The first time I ended up reinstalling OSX, but that is just too much of a pain. Trying to get support from Unsanity hasn't been successfull, they just provide their usual suggestions, even if i explicitly mention what I have tried. They answer mail very quickly, though :)

I have the "minimize window when double clicking in the title bar" checked, and WindowShade X is enabled both in APE and its own pref.pane. I have the latest version installed (3.5.2), as well as the latest version of APE. Another haxie (cleardock) is working.

The system is acting as if WindowShade wasn't installed at all, pressing ctrl or CMD twice does nothing, and trying different settings in the WindowShade pref.pane does nothing. Uninstalling/reinstalling/deleting pref. file has no effect.

I'm hoping I've just overlooked something dead simple. Has anyone else experienced this?

Any input is appreciated.

AtomicDog

Yes, I did. It says on in the pref.pane that it is registered in my name.

By the way, I'm running OSX 10.3.8 on an 1Ghz 12" PB. I have disabeled QuickSilver, but SparkPlug and Salling Clicker is running.

Yes, I installed the latest version. Today I created a new user and installed WSX for this user, and that worked fine! Still not working on my usual account, however. I guess the problem could be some kind of conflict with some other program. I currently have iTunesHelper, iCalAlarmScheduler and SEC helper (Salling Clicker) in my startup items. I also have ClearDock installed (and working), and also SparkPlug.

Back