Chmod 760
Staff member
Mod
Haha.

"Microsoft is copying us again, it feels great!"

http://www.winexpose.com/

Exposé for windows! What next? iDvd for windows maybe? :eek:

Win%2B1_scr.jpg

Don't think it works as well as the Mac version. Since the graphic handling on Windows, even the latest XP, is not enough for such high demand use. Such as you may see grey window without content or slow animation, which of them are mentioned in their own FAQ too.

Again, Quartz Extreme rules.

That has got to be one of the coolest things to come out for Windows in a long time. Let's see if Microsoft manages to include a mangled version in XP. :)

Oh, that site seems to be run on a sun solaris with apache.. yea, why would they need windows.. ;)

I will say their demo is better than the Apple demo, i like that interactivity. Apple could have done the same, but better, it's not that hard to script.

... lol. Wow. That's the most unabashed copying of Apple that I've ever seen. Same name and everything. Should we tell Apple's lawyers, or do you think they're already on it?

Winexpose has no link or no mention of copyrights to Microsoft.
I wouldn't be surprised if it were, but again, it isn't stated that it is a Microsoft program... either way, first Apple Lawsuit of the year? They'll be sued, dont worry =)

I don't think Apple should sue them (who seemed to be called Winexpose as the company). Sure, it's the exact same functionality as Apple put into Panther, but why shouldn't the Windows world have a taste of what the Mac can do?

On second thought, Apple should sue them. That way they can keep Exposé as one of the reasons Mac is better than Windows...

Hmm, a conundrum.

Oh, and I know Microsoft doesn't own that piece of software, but I was just postulating that they might buy/steal it and incorporate it into Longhorn. I meant to say Longhorn up there...

Apple can only sue if they have patented it. Hopfully they have because that'd be a good thing to only have on the Mac.

Let's see if this WinExposé can have 5 quicktime clips running hit the key combo to show all of them still playing?!?!?

i don't think XP is capable of that..
I even think movies doesn't play at all when "exposéed" with WinExposé

Heh...i wonder how well that proggie works...too bad they don't seem to have a shareware version of it or a time trial..i'd like to experience new ways of crashing in windows with it ;)

Giaguara said:
Haha.

"Microsoft is copying us again, it feels great!"

http://www.winexpose.com/

Exposé for windows! What next? iDvd for windows maybe? :eek:

Win%2B1_scr.jpg

Haha. the iorny is that expose is probably the only this Apple didnt rip from Windows with 10.3. lets see, fast user switching, ichat av, file vault, finder, yep, pretty much all inspired by Windows. :eek:

oh well.

ichat av is inspired by windows ? or apps on a windows platform ?

windows has filevault ?
what about finder ? are u talking about the side bar ?? have u seen pics of longhorn.. what do they remind u of ??? .. or do i we need to go back to history and see who copied who? (dont think so. quite useless, the future is important)

ichat av is inspired by windows ? or apps on a windows platform ?

windows has filevault ?
what about finder ? are u talking about the side bar ?? have u seen pics of longhorn.. what do they remind u of ??? .. or do i we need to go back to history and see who copied who? (dont think so. quite useless, the future is important)

kendall said:
ichat av, file vault, finder, yep, pretty much all inspired by Windows. :eek:

Care to elaborate on any of those so I can show you were the original ideas can from. :D

For example, the Finder. What are you suggesting is Windows-like? The side bar is a direct descendant from the NeXT shelf that was on every windows in NEXTSTEP/OPENSTEP's workspace manager.

File Vault was just taking something I had my clients doing for a long time a step further. I had been using encrypted disk images for quite some time, Apple just took it a step further with making the user directory an encrypted image.

And video conferencing has been around for more than 10 years (my 1993 SGI came with the software and hardware needed to to it). The major step forward was that Apple is using the existing AIM network to provide an easy way to connect to each other.

RacerX said:
Care to elaborate on any of those so I can show you were the original ideas can from. :D

For example, the Finder. What are you suggesting is Windows-like? The side bar is a direct descendant from the NeXT shelf that was on every windows in NEXTSTEP/OPENSTEP's workspace manager.

File Vault was just taking something I had my clients doing for a long time a step further. I had been using encrypted disk images for quite some time, Apple just took it a step further with making the user directory an encrypted image.

And video conferencing has been around for more than 10 years (my 1993 SGI came with the software and hardware needed to to it). The major step forward was that Apple is using the existing AIM network to provide an easy way to connect to each other.

please, give me long drawn out pages of psychobabble racerx style. :D

i dont really care where the hell these technologies originated from, my point is, they arent original. windows users have been privy to them for quite some time and the fact that 10.3 introduced them long after 2000/xp makes panther look like its playing catchup.

obviously apple looked at windows, not an indy box and said, they've got this, this and this and we need it to.

Back