Wireless connection down?

guapagirl

Registered
Mt wireless connection on my macbook has been a bit erratic for a while now but now it isn't seeing any wireless connections at all apart from my neighbours'. The old imac in my daughter's room is also not getting a signal but the imac which is connected via ethernet cable is fine. I guess this rules out a problem with the receiveing end?

Is it possible I have worn the router antennae out with constant use 24/7? ...Or is there something else I can try before I get apple crumble guy out? ta very much in advance :)

Have you reset the modem and router?

Shut down; Unplug both modem & router; wait 1 minute; plug in modem; wait until it loads; plug in router; wait until it boots completely; restart the Mac.

Check to see that you have chosen your router in the signal strength meter in the menu bar on top. I also find that using "Automatic" as Location in Network (System Preferences) saves aggrevation.

Thanks for that, it does work, but after a few days it goes again which is why I thought it may be a problem with the router hardware. :)

Back