Wireless internet problem- please help!

SunilC

Registered
Hi everyone, I've got the following setup which I've been using without problems for many months now: ADSL modem connected to linksys wireless router with 4-port hub, an XP machine connected to the linksys router through a cable, an XP machine connected to the router wirelessly and an iMan running 10.2.6 also connected to the router wirelessly through an airport card. The two windows machines still have internet access but my iMac all of a sudden has no internet access. To my knowledge nothing at all has changed on the machines. The iMac still finds and connects to the linksys network but still no internet!! The only thing I can think of is that the power from the linksys router was removed briefly, could that have done something? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Sunil

Howya Sunil

Have you checked the firewall to see if the leased ip address on the imac is blocked from internet access? I upgraded firmware on my DI614+ recently and couldn't get a connection with anything xbox, g3 laptop without being hardwired into it.

Also check to see if WEP has been turned on or off that might be it.

Hope this helps, let me know.

Nialler

Back