Wireless Problems Since 10.4 Upgrade

davevi

Registered
My PERFECT wireless connectivity has been ruined since I upgraded to 10.4. [I don't like this OS version!]

I'm posting not just to complain but to see if anyone has discovered a solution.

I have two locations I go to everyday, both with wireless. Under 10.3 I set each location up ONE TIME and then each time I go to that location my laptop just connects, no trouble, nothing.

Since going to 10.4 I have to manually tell the system which location I'm at, PLUS it insists that it's "INTERNAL MODEM" connection, not AIRPORT even though I clicked the AIRPORT configuration to get into the page to select the location.

Any help?

Turn off the internal modem for the connection? You can enable and disable network adaptors as you please, so if there's one you don't ever use, turn it off in the Network pane of the System Preferences and it'll never be an option for that location.

Look at System Preference/Network and you will Location and Show. Just select show and you will see list of buildin "Ethernet, Firewire, Modem" then pick Network Port configure and you ll see modem there and simple turn if off. :confused:

Back