Wireless Problems with new Unibody MBP

Just got back from the Apple store (yesterday but it was late) and it held the connection (not for long because we didn't stay there). The entire time I was trying to show them the problem the connection held. I can't say for sure if it was actually an improvement, or just one of those instances where I was able to hold a signal before it went away.

In any case, while I was there they were able to give me the 10.5.6 Combo Update which I've not been able to download on any of my computers because it kept only getting partial downloads.

When I got home the connection didn't hold at all (without the 10.5.6 update like in the store). After installing the 10.5.6 Update, I still have a pretty bad connection.

I've done several ping tests (to my router instead of Google) and have some pretty horrible results:

100 pings - 48% packet loss
5000 pings - 51% packet loss

Then I did a series of tests with just 100 pings, several came back with 0% packet loss but then others came back with 100% packet loss. Sometimes in the middle of a test it would stop and I'd get 59% packet loss.

As I write this I've no wireless connection and am testing to see if I can access my router via Airport Utility - I can't.I just get "Reading the Airport Extreme configuration".

So I'm puzzled. Why does it work at the store but not at home? Does that mean it's a configuration problem with my network? Or is it an Airport Card problem? I have no clue anymore.

Back