Wish me luck!

bighairydog

tail-wagging member
OK, the countdown begins...

In ten days time I sit my final exams - 3 years of learning into 3 days of writing :eek:. As I begin to panic more, you will probably see none of me, or possibly more if I feel the need to procrastinate in the run-up ;o)

Until then, have a nice time, and remember that for the spread of a microparisitic infection in a homogenous population,

dS/dt = bS - BIS - mS
dI/dt = BIS - RI - mI
dR/dt = RI - mI - lI

mmmmm... more coffee I think

Bernie :o)

Good luck, Bernie, but I doubt you'll need it. Luck is when you guess the correct answer...

:)

Symphonix would like to wish you:

a) Good ^l-U=cK (in a subset of all possible exam results).

b) Bacteria.

c) False.

d) All of the above.

My vote on the correct answer:
Originally posted by symphonix
Symphonix would like to wish you:

a) Good ^l-U=cK (in a subset of all possible exam results).

b) Bacteria.

c) False.

d) All of the above.

Heh, I just finished my last final exam today. That's it for classes, for EVER. :p

However, in a month or so I'll embark on taking doctoral prelim exams. A whole MONTH of intensive writing. D'oh! and double d'oh! So I feel your pain, bighairydog. Good luck and all that rot. :)

Originally posted by genghiscohen
Good luck, Bernie!
Can you apply that formula to the spread of Windoze viri?
;)
It's a susceptible - infected - recovered model.

Susceptible = New Windows user
Infected = Gets virus
Recovered = Buys a Mac

Yes! you can... Unfortunately, 'R' - the coefficient of recovery, is in our case too small, because of the constant 'St' (stupidity) omitted from this model.

To eradicate the endemic disease, vaccination is required, to transfer Susceptible individuals directly to the recovered group, without having to go through the infected stage. That would be the LCD iMac then. (wow – I never knew this course was so useful)

Bernie :eek:)

Good luck!

All advice I can give is "stay cool"...and I know it won't help :)

But I will include you in my shell scripts....uhm.....my prayers that is....

I strongly suggest that before you go you take some dirhea medicine! Oh wait...never mind.

Good luck to you man! :)

Back