WMP / IE annoyance

gwynarion

I stole the Sun
This is a question related to Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player, specifically hoping to find a way of separating the two. I own a Sirius Satellite Radio (installed in my truck) and one of the great features they offer is all of their 60 music streams over the internet. Unfortunately it is only available in the WMP format, and Windows Media Player will only start up using IE. So when I want to listen I have to keep IE open on my computer, which is annoying cause I use it for almost nothing else so it is never open.

So what I would like to know if there is a way to separate the two from one another so that I can (a) open it via an other browser, or (b) open WMP by itself without having to open IE. Thanks.

safari plays pretty nice with WMP. it won't automatically launch and play for you, but it will give you the opportunity to choose to let wmp handle the files. it doesn't launch ie in the process.

Im not getting that optikon..I keep getting an erro rmessage saying URL is not valid..how do you make safari use WMP?

Back