WMV Done Right, by Microsoft!

Oh, it's erh, playback only, of course. not a full version of Flip4Mac.

fryke said:
Oh, it's erh, playback only, of course. not a full version of Flip4Mac.
That's what their $10 shareware version is too. The version that lets you export is $100 I believe. I doubt M$ would want to license that version :) And for 99% of users playback is all they want anyways.

When I close a WMV movie that's playing in QuickTime, QuickTime crashes and displays the Send Error Report window. Does the same for the web-plugin too, tried it on Amazon's site and a few others.

I tried removing the DivX plugins, but there's apparently no conflict there. Anyone else with the problem?

btoth said:
When I close a WMV movie that's playing in QuickTime, QuickTime crashes and displays the Send Error Report window. Does the same for the web-plugin too, tried it on Amazon's site and a few others.

I tried removing the DivX plugins, but there's apparently no conflict there. Anyone else with the problem?
I think it's a problem with QT 7.0.4. Try reverting back to 7.0.3

kainjow said:
Microsoft is now distributing Flip4Mac's WMV QuickTime components for free! Previously shareware, Flip4Mac's WMV software makes WMV and WMA playback on the Mac transparent.

This is huge news!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/flip4mac.mspx
Excellent, because it was annoying to only get half the video with a scrolling message saying it will only play half the video etc etc
btoth said:

Crashed QT7.0.4 after I saved it as a .mov, played ok though

btoth said:

Same here.

I'll watch something in QT via Flip then quit QT and I get a QT unexpectedly quit message. I haven't figured out how to make the browser plug-in work yet.

simbalala said:
Same here.

I'll watch something in QT via Flip then quit QT and I get a QT unexpectedly quit message. I haven't figured out how to make the browser plug-in work yet.
The Internet plug-in picked it up automatically on my system. The streaming video from one of my favorite sites had stopped working under WMP 9, but now works perfectly with the Flip4Mac plug-in.

Gosh darn, and I just payed ten smackers for the Flip4Mac Player the other week.

When, when, when will I ever learn?

I got an email from Flip4Mac saying I'll get $20 off any upgrade to their other versions since I bought the player already.

Back