.wmv music videos to Itunes? only flip4mac? another program please!!

crcr2003

Registered
hi!

im trying to convert some .wmv music videos to .mov to watch them on Itunes but the program i find is flip4mac, i tried it a while but im too poor to get such a useful but pricey software, unfortunately i cant afford the license/serial. so i wonder is there another free program to convert wmv to mov?

i have quicktime pro, so as long as i can convert a video to a format that i can watch on quicktime, i can change it to .mov on quicktime pro. so any program to convert .wmv to a format that can be played on quicktime? to convert to avi for example?

i also found ffmpegX, but i m too newbie on ffmpegX, how should i encode the wmv file? i mean i drag the wmv file to Ffmpegx, choose encode to mov, and click "encode", and after a few seconds, i get a second small file (10k or less), then how do i watch the file on Quicktime? i have to change the final extension on the .wmv file after the encoding? or after encoding on ffmpegx, i open the .wmv file just like that on quicktime? what does this small file after encoding on ffmpegx do?

so as i said, im trying to convert music videos that are on wmv to watch them on Itunes. so, any help with ffmpegx or another program to convert these videos will be great!! HELP!!!

remember i have quicktime pro so i can save any format that can be watched on quicktimepro to a .mov file.

ffmpegX is most likely a lost cause. It cannot decode WMV3 video, which is the most recent codec used in WMV files. The only way to view/convert those files on the Mac, aside from WMP, is Flip4Mac's WMV Player.

Back