WMV to QuickTime?

lombarke

Registered
Hey...trying to ultimately burn a WMV file to DVD (for viewing on a DVD player, not data) using iDVD. Is there a conversion utility (or any way) to convert a WMV file to a QuickTime file? Or maybe even a program that will do a straight burn of a WMV to DVD? Friggen Windows.

Spiny said:
Hi lombarke,
Take a look here, not looked into it much, but there seems to be numerous workarounds in the discussions forums: http://homepage.mac.com/major4/
Cheers,
Spiny

seems like a total pain....even on a windows machine (i guess that's microsoft for you). If anybody else has any other suggestions, I'm open to it...otherwise, I'll try some of that stuff when I get home.

hey guys...thanks for all your help. i tried a whole bunch of stuff last night, and it seems the WMV is a WMV3 file, and from what I've read it looks like ffmpeg won't really convert anything other than a WMV1 OR 2. so i'll probably have to try on a PC....or give up :)

No more pricey than the Windows side, really. $10 for the Flip4Mac reader, then $30 for QT Pro (so you can export it).

Back