Wolfenstein Binary!!

jdog

Not a Moderator
I have sent this to as many people involved in RtCW development I can find:
When the first Wolfenstein MP test was released I was amazed with the quality of the game I was playing. Then I saw that it was available for both MacOSX and linux, and I was shocked. When the second test was released for all three platforms within a couple days, I thought "damn, these guys are good". I was anticipating the most popular MP game to date. With the 3 biggest computer platforms supported, how could this game do
anything but "own" the competition? Well sure enough, you guys fumbled a simple hand-off that could have won the game.

First of all, why hasn't there been at least a MP OSX binary released? The linux version was released a couple days after the went on sale. Why not show the same courtesy to the OSX community? After all, you are the ones who got us excited in the first place, with the MP tests. Most of us who have been playing the test's since the day they were released could easily wait until February for the single player game portion. If a MP binary was available, I bet a lot of us would purchase the PC version
now as well as the full OSX version in Feb, thus increasing your sales.

Second, why is Aspyr creating a carbonized version that works under OS9 and OSX? The MP tests were not available for OS9, it is likely that the majority of Wolfenstein players will be OSX users. I would guess that most OS9 users today, don't have the hardware to play RtCW. Why waste everybody's time in a pointless endeavor?

I own the full version of RtCW and play it regularly under linux. I love the game. I am completely addicted. But if those involved in creating, developing, publishing the game continue to treat those of us in the OSX community like this, after you invited yourselves here, I do not plan to support you and I will do everything in power to let others know how we have been treated.

Please, at least provide a OSX MP binary so that we can enjoy the game until the full version is released.

If you have read this far, Thank-you-
Jeremy Daughhetee

I have also setup a petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/osxrtcw/petition.html

If any of you feel strongly about this please send an email asking for better treatment for us OSX users. At least, please sign the petition. If you would like a list of email address, please contact me via PM through macosx.com

Thank-you
jdog

Back