Wolfenstein or Medal of Honor

Which would you recommend?

• Return to Castle Wolfenstein

• Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

Results are only viewable after voting.

themacko

Barking at the moon.
A mere 2 hours after we were asked to slow down all the poll-starting, here I am giving birth to yet another one. *sigh* What kind of a moderator am I?

I digress. :rolleyes:

I am getting my new eMac next week (yay!) and I am in the mood for some gaming! That's right, I've had the luxury of using my bro's PC the past few months as I've been living at home Mac-less (tough times). Now I'm back out on my own (another yay!) and getting a new Mac with a decent video card .. and I still have the itch to play war games. So I'm deciding between Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Both games look sweet, and I will eventually end up getting both, but for now I want the one that will give me the most enjoyment to hold me over.

I'm leaning towards Castle Wolfenstein because I like the whole online gaming thing .. playing with other people over the net is just crazy-fun! For those of you that have RtCW: "How is the multiplayer scene?" Like, are there a lot of servers and can I play on the same servers as PC users? I'd like to be able to play this game with my bro but I don't know if it's all compatable.

From what you guys have seen and heard, which would you suggest? Thanks for reading through my slop and giving me your opinions!

If you want to use it mainly for multiplayer I say go with RtCW, it really is awesome and there are a lot of server's to play on. It will keep you occupied for day's...no kidding. :D

If you want the best single player with an okay multi, then go for MOH, it is sooo good. I can't begin to descibe the feel of the game it must be experienced.

Yup, it's all about the single/multi choice. I went with RtCW and I'm now a regular at [id] servers. I recommend a nice connection, thou 56k will do if you get a good server.

EDIT: And yes, you can play on 1.33(PC) servers, but there's a trick to it. first update to 1.32, then unzip the PC 1.33 .exe and replace mp_bin.pk3 with MP_BIN.PK3...Aspyr would do so themselves and make it official, but they are afraid of ID getting mad at them...

tight, thanks for the tip voice! I'm definately going to cable .. I haven't used 56k for a few years and while I don't do much in the internet besides browsing, I doubt I could handle the stress a slow connection would cause me. :)

Savage, I'm gonna quote Bill Lumburg here:
"I'm gonna have to, you know, disagree with you here."
MoH MP is, IMHBCO, bad.
It's just quake with different guns and bodies that drop 50 health packs. The missions are pretty pointless and not well done.

RtCW has truly team based combat, where you MUST work as a team, instead of MoH's "RUSH FOR THE OBJECTIVE AND HOPE YOU LIVE" method. I know, this is an oversimplification, but MoH's MP is really bad. RtCW's is really good. And, the SP for RtCW is pretty slick as well! MoH's single is nice and all but there's no real challenge, even on harder difficulties (except for omaha beach). If you're good at FPS's, you won't have much trouble with MoH. RtCW, on the other hand, WILL challenge you... you'll have to use grenades and weapons other than the SMG to their full effect to succeed. In MoH, once you get the thompson you're set.

Also, and this may be a big issue: RtCW is MUCH faster (framerate wise) than MoH. As in, about 2x as fast. MoH is choppy at 832x624 and RtCW is smooth as butta in 1024x768. This is on a dual 800 with a geforce 3.

In case I wasn't clear, RtCW > MoH. :)

I bought RtCW the day it came out for the Mac (first game I have ever bought for the Mac, in 8yrs).

I still long to win the lotto and spend my dying days (60 yrs to go?) sitting in a dark room with my copy of RtCW and a fast internet connection!:rolleyes:

I can only describe Wolfenstein with one word "Breathtaking"

Graphics are superb, mission objectives are realistic and overall gameplay just rocks!

I play this at 1280x1024 on my 17"LCD powered by a dual 800/GF3 combo with 1.25Gb of RAM.

This is the best game ive seen/played on a mac EVER!

Wolfenstein is great for MP games in my opinion
I enjoyed this game until I beat it.

MoH:AA is great for SP games . :)
Still working on the last missions, will be done with this game soon.

Oh and by the way, Max Payne is a fun game, too. (plus the cheats are fun)

Yeah I was thinking about Max Payne as well .. however I was considering just getting that for my xbox. It's pretty cool having these game options for Mac!

Back