Won't Print...

Sogni

*gone*
I got something odd going on on my Mac...

I have an HP DeskJet 952c printer that just will NOT print in any app in OSX.

I've removed the driver and reinstalled it. I even went and installed the drivers from HP with no sucess...

The only thing that did happen is that I CAN print from the HP InkJet Utility - test pages and diagnostic pages are fine. Even cleaning the jets and alignment works from the utility. But I go back to ANY app and it fails.

The job gets sent to Print Center and it says "Opening Connection" and fails after a while.
But it used to work fine! I have not made any major changes!

The weird thing tho is that I CAN print to a Laser Writer Pro 630 via the LAN on AppleTalk.

Anyone know what's going on here? Or more importantly - how to solve this?

Thanks for any help!

- learner, I have the exact same problem!

My epson printer will print fine in OS 9, but not in OS X. The Print Center says my printer is unsupported, which I find very strange. Epecially since it worked well before, but no when I re-installed it.

Can anyone help?

Kris

I have a Lexmark Z32 and I can tell you what I have found out about it. When I have classic running and try to print out of OS X it has a problem. When I close classic it will start printing, I don't know why, Lexmark does not know why, and Apple does not know why. So the only advice I have is to try that and see what happens.

PC

Back