Word 2004 And Dwg Graphics

Sui1

Registered
I am Mac User since at least 15 years and I finally switched to OSX two week ago after buying a new Powerbook G4 15”. I am running OSX 10.4.2 with Word 2004 installed (incl. all actually available patches/upgrades) and I have a small problem. In Word 2004 documents originally issued on a Windows system open fine with proper formatting etc. however pictures/figures included in the document but made with AutoCAD (DWG) do not show up on the screen (I see only some dots sometimes). However when I print the specific pages where the pictures are in, the pictures/figures are showing up perfectly. Do I have to change any preferences to make the pictures also show up on the screen or do I need a plug-in? (I tried to fiddle with the preferences in Word but no success so far. Other add. note: if I chose in the PRINTER menue to print the pages as PDF the figures show up o.k. when I open the document with the Acrobat Reader, but are not visible if I open the document with “Preview”. If I copy the non visible picture and paste it e.g. to CANVAS all is visible. Any help/hint is highly appreciated.

Sui1 said:
I am Mac User since at least 15 years and I finally switched to OSX two week ago after buying a new Powerbook G4 15”. I am running OSX 10.4.2 with Word 2004 installed (incl. all actually available patches/upgrades) and I have a small problem. In Word 2004 documents originally issued on a Windows system open fine with proper formatting etc. however pictures/figures included in the document but made with AutoCAD (DWG) do not show up on the screen (I see only some dots sometimes). However when I print the specific pages where the pictures are in, the pictures/figures are showing up perfectly. Do I have to change any preferences to make the pictures also show up on the screen or do I need a plug-in? (I tried to fiddle with the preferences in Word but no success so far. Other add. note: if I chose in the PRINTER menue to print the pages as PDF the figures show up o.k. when I open the document with the Acrobat Reader, but are not visible if I open the document with “Preview”. If I copy the non visible picture and paste it e.g. to CANVAS all is visible. Any help/hint is highly appreciated.

I had a similar problem with a number of Word files not to long ago. You need to make sure that Show/Drawings is on in Preferences. It is on the View tab. If the doesn't work, maybe someone else can help.

RonMan

Thanks for the reply. The 'drawing' is clicked on in the preferences. So the problem is not solved.

I noted that in these DWG drawings the text in the drawings shows up perfectly but not the drawing lines (mostly fine lines). So it must has something to do with the screen resolution of the PB G4 (or its graphic "card"). However as I said before the DWG drawing imported to CANVAS shows everything. Other possibility I am thinking about is that it may be influenced by the "Quartz" smoothing (in Excel I can switch it off, but in Word not). Thanks for any help.

Back