Word 2004 for Mac questions

Captain Sulu

Registered
Hey there, I've got a couple of wee problems with the spell checker in Word for Mac 2004.

When I open a new file the spell checker is set as 'Spelling and Grammar: English (UK)',

However, I have some older word files (that I think originated on my PC running OfficeXP) that when opened, the spell checker is set to 'Spelling and Grammar: English (US)'.

First question is,,, how do I change the spell checker on the older file to check as 'Spelling and Grammar: English (UK)' on the Mac?

Second question is, when word detects what it thinks is a spelling error and puts a red line under it, I'd like to be able to right mouse click the word and select 'add' to put it in a custom dictionary (for example if it's a name or something that isn't a spelling error). However, when a file is set to US spelling, the 'add' button when I right mouse click is greyed out so I can't select it. What pull down menu do I need to activate this item?

Cheers in advance for any suggestions :)

Chris

Choose the Tools>Languages... menu item. Note the Mark selected text as... scrolling list. Also, Note Default... button. Press it to change your default language.

Back