Word Not Opening

countrymile

Registered
From today, My version of Microsoft Word is not opening properly. It started after I tried to update software, but cancelled (shut computer down) halfway through because everything was freezing up. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. The window that appears is a big red exclamation mark reading:

Application Launch Failure
The Application Word could not be launched because of a shared library error. "2<MicrosoftWord><CarbonLib><CFMPriv_CarbonSoundf><>"

I have never seen this happen on my computer before. The Microsoft Word i have is not registered to me, and I still have the Office Test Drive in my hard drive. could this be the problem? I have been using Word, Office, etc. it without difficulty for over 2 years.

I appreciate any help you could offer!

Thanks alot,
Lucas

You should really buy a registered, legal copy of Office 2004 or such. It sounds like you need to reinstall. If you're in school or affiliated with an educational institution, you can buy the student and teacher edition of Office 2004 for much cheaper than the standard retail (although it doesn't have ALL the features of the Office Suite).

Back