Word X acting funny under Tiger

PaulHigg

Grounded by depression
Can anyone help me with this?

I did an upgrade over 10.3.9 and it was flawless on my iMac G4, 1MHz, 512 MB RAM.

The problem is with Word X and only Word X. When I type, the text is not totally black but it acts like it's a "light" font. I use Times exclusively but it is happening with all fonts.

Here's the weird part. If I type in some text it will be "light", but then if I scroll the text up and out of sight and back down the text is now dark black!?

If I select the text when it is dark, it becomes light. However, it prints fine, even when in the light mode. I have got rid of duplicate fonts, adjusted my monitor to every single setting, tried it with nothing else running or a lot of apps running, every single font, it acts the same. Weird!

But every other app from stickies to TextEdit to AppleWorks to Excel is fine!

Please help this puzzled and frazzled iMac owner?

Thanks.

Paul

Might want to contact MS about it. Seems some of their type code is incompatible with Tiger. They'll probably release an update sooner or later, but if you give them feedback, it might be sooner.
The only other solution seems to be to move to Office 2004 or use a different word processor for the time being. Or, well, ignoring the graphical glitch that it seems it is (documents do print fine?).

Back