Workgroup Manager initial authentication

cleanfloor

Registered
How do I access workgroup manager to initially set up open directory? It's a fresh install, and I'm sitting on the computer that I want to be the Open Directory Master, and it asks me for a user name and password when I choose 'IP/ldapv3' from the drop down menu. It wont take my passsword...the administrator password, nothing. I put myself in every group and made my primary group admin. I restarted....nada. Im sure theres a conf or plist somewhere that i have to edit, but no luck finding it!

At the Apple web site, you should look for a doc titled Open_Directory_v10.4.pdf
This doc has the basics on setting it up. And you should also turn your server back to a standalone server (you can do it on the server admin's Open Directory section) so your current directory's database will be deleted. When you turn it to a Directory Master again, it will be recreated from scratch, erasing every miss try you have done.
Hope this helps.

Marcelo Myara
Rio de Janeiro/Brazil

cleanfloor said:
How do I access workgroup manager to initially set up open directory? It's a fresh install, and I'm sitting on the computer that I want to be the Open Directory Master, and it asks me for a user name and password when I choose 'IP/ldapv3' from the drop down menu. It wont take my passsword...the administrator password, nothing. I put myself in every group and made my primary group admin. I restarted....nada. Im sure theres a conf or plist somewhere that i have to edit, but no luck finding it!

Setting up OPEN DIRECOTRY is done with the Server Admin program in the OPEN DIRECTORY section.

Afterwards select the appropriate LDAP connection in the DIRECTORY ASSISTANT program in the PROGRAMS / SERVER map on your SERVER.

The name for DIRECTORY ASSISTANT maybe a bit different as I have no server available at the moment.

Good Luck, Kees

Back