Workgroup Manager login

akong01

Registered
I have an Xserve G4 running OS X server 10.3.9 which for some reason does not allow me to login to the workgroup manager. I can login using the admin password to access the computer but I cannot change the password using the System Preference accounts manager. Is there a way to reset the password to the Workgroup Manager?

akong01 said:
I have an Xserve G4 running OS X server 10.3.9 which for some reason does not allow me to login to the workgroup manager. I can login using the admin password to access the computer but I cannot change the password using the System Preference accounts manager. Is there a way to reset the password to the Workgroup Manager?

Are you sure you log in as the administrator ? Did you ever manage to log into WGM ? You can change passwords for users in accounts under system preferences (or with the OS X installation disk).

If for some reason you account is not marked as system administrator, than you can not edit settings in WGM.

Are all values in the entry window for WGM correct (including the system address) ??

Good luck, Kees

I am able to login to the computer using the admin username and password. But for some reason I cannot use the same password to login to the WGM.

I used the installation disk to reset the password with no luck and tried to repair the disk permissions. I also tried to change the adderss in the WGM to "XXX.local", "xxx.xxx.com" and the IP address with the same results. I will try again to reset the password using the installation disk to make sure that the account was the system admin.

akong01 said:
I am able to login to the computer using the admin username and password. But for some reason I cannot use the same password to login to the WGM.

I used the installation disk to reset the password with no luck and tried to repair the disk permissions. I also tried to change the adderss in the WGM to "XXX.local", "xxx.xxx.com" and the IP address with the same results. I will try again to reset the password using the installation disk to make sure that the account was the system admin.

The admin is not automatically the admin for LDAP too. You can configure this. You might try other users to log into WGM. Also check the LDAP status in DIRECTORY ACCESS on your server.

Good luck, Kees

I was able to create a temp admin account to access the WGM. The problem seems to be with the keychain for the original admin account. Is there a way to delete the keychain for this account (admin)?

akong01 said:
I was able to create a temp admin account to access the WGM. The problem seems to be with the keychain for the original admin account. Is there a way to delete the keychain for this account (admin)?

I tried it, but it was a great success. You can handle the content of the keychain and try removing some or all of it contents. I know it is under system preferences under 10.3, but not how to in 10.4

Good luck, Kees

Back