workgroup manager

jcombs_31

Registered
I'm toying with Open Directory using my active directory groups. It seems to all be working good, but I can't get everything done I want. For example, on the local machine I can set it so that a user can't modify their dock. There is a preference setting for dock in Workgroupd manager that lets me add dock items, but doesn't have a setting to prevent changes. How can this be done?

If you select to manage the dock always, specify the applications/folders to be displayed and make sure to not merge with the user's dock, does that lock it down? Or, at least, recreate the dock at login to what you specified?

Michael

Go3iverson said:
If you select to manage the dock always, specify the applications/folders to be displayed and make sure to not merge with the user's dock, does that lock it down? Or, at least, recreate the dock at login to what you specified?

Michael

I haven't tried it, but the problem I see is that I created a custom template that each new user gets on the local machine because it has specific apps that are installed with shortcuts on the dock. I don't know if I can do that from the server based on local applications.

Back