Workgroup Manager

jcombs_31

Registered
A while back I set up my macs here to bind with active directory and the set up the Open Directory Groups with AD accounts and was able to manage things with no problem through workgroup manager. I recently decided to bind the computers to the Open Directory and since doing so my user account settings don't seem to work. I even went and created lists for the computer accounts and applied the same settings to the computer and still nothing. Any idea why? Seems there may be some sort of conflict.

hello! First post.

I'm experiencing issues with Workgroup Manager (WGM) where settings are not being applied. Strange thing is, it's not all preferences, just some. For instance, I manage the login screens to require username/password entry, to not show the last user, and a custom message above the fields. All those settings are fine... but I also have the software update server setting managed and some groups just don't seem to pick that up. As far as I can tell, all groups in question are configured the same. There are different subnets, but my feeling is that isnt the problem, as some settings are applied.

In the past, even the login screen settings were not applied. The change that worked (for reasons I'm not sure of), was to check the box in WGM under
'Preferences -> Applications' ---> "Allow Unix tools to run"
Almost immediately the settings kicked in for many of my groups that I did this with, but not all, and not for all the settings either.

Active Directory environment (all network resources are on windows servers), one XServe with Open Directory, mac clients are bound to AD (including the XServe) - Feel free to ask for any other info.

Any feedback is welcome, thank you!

Back