World Cup 2002 News – Senegal Upsets France In A 1-0 Victory!

simX

Unofficial Mac Genius
Great way to start the championship, "champions du monde". Here's to a great defeat and a sweet revenge!

And congratulations to Senegal, who defeated the former World Cup champions in the first time they have participated in the World Cup!

the only thing more upsetting is the ESPN announcer who kept saying USA has a chance.. notonly that,but he actually thinks we can win?? we'll be lucky to come in second to last over korea or japan.. our first game is against portugal, i predict portugal 3 usa 0

Heh. The US mens soccer team ***** at the World Cup. The US womens soccer team is awesome, though.

Oh, and by the way – don't watch stupid ESPN. Watch Univision -- a Spanish channel (channel 14 here on the west coast) -- much better, and no annoying commentary.

Does ESPN or whoever shows the American Soccer games, add sound effects when the ball is kicked??:D :confused:

Yeah well...don't let that fool you. Cameroun did the same against Argentina in their opening match. France is still a good guess for a world champion. Of course they don't stand a chance against us. :D

BTW we're gonna have the pleasure of beating them 2-0 on 11th of June. :D

The players from Senegal are playing in the French competition except two of them and even their coach is a frenchman.

I don't think it is likely that US will win it all, but don't forget that they ARE ranked #13 in the world now. I don't know why people poo-poo them all the time. I think there is a very good chance that they will win or at least advance out of their group...

And congrats again to Senegal, it was worth getting up at 6 AM to go over to my brothers apt to watch them play. I love rooting for the underdog.

Originally posted by jbromer
I don't think it is likely that US will win it all, but don't forget that they ARE ranked #13 in the world now.
the rankings are a load of rubbish, arent mexico seventh? and germany are above england:eek:

the game isn't a national passion, and we don't want the world's only superpower being top dog (which ain't likely anyway!!)

Seriously, the whole of the UK (at least 50%:p anyway!!) becomes a different place altogether, young males wanna be friends for a month instead of beating the crap outa each!:D

It's gotta be good!

Originally posted by uoba
the game isn't a national passion, and we don't want the world's only superpower being top dog (which ain't likely anyway!!)

You're very right.

However, football/soccer is pretty popular among the young'uns here. Who knows, maybe if there are some lockouts like the NBA had a few years ago Americans will turn their attention to football/soccer. And then, who knows? The US has plenty of money for some good 'roids. . . ;) :D

Back