WORLD CUP NEWS: The U.S. beats.... Mexico?!?

simX

Unofficial Mac Genius
Wow, I must say I'm really surprised at the Americans this year. They beat the Mexicans 2-0. That's pretty amazing, considering that Italy had a very hard time even tying up the game against Mexico.

So U.S., for the first time ever, goes to the quarterfinals! :) They will play Germany – now THAT should be an interesting game! :D Go USA!

That is a great result for the US. Mexico really impressed me in their previous matches and are a great scalp.

What a world cup this is turning out to be. I am looking forward to watching Brasil and Belgium today - see who we shall meet in the next round.

R.

I was sure that we will play vs. Mexico, respect USA. But Germany has to win, I want to see a final England-Germany. So, England, your way to the final seems harder... looking forward to friday!

Yup - Brasil were very, very lucky. Belgium had a disallowed goal that was very close to the mark. Belgium controlled the pace of the game and had more chances.

However Brasil wore down Belgium and did what was necessary.

Friday will be a good game - got the day off for that one.

R.

Both very good games today. US wins again, and Arena once again looks like a genius. They have played a fantastic cup, save the Poland game, and they truly deserved to beat Mexico today. I'm looking forward to Germany-USA, and although the odds are definitely against them, I wouldn't count them out yet. I think they have shown enough flare that they might just be able to sneak a goal past the Germans. If their defense stays solid, they could do it.

Also cheering for England, could make for a confusing semifinal. Brazil is looking tough to beat on the other side, but one game at a time.

What do people think about S. Korea taking on Italy? Should also be a great game.

What a cup

Go USA!

What I dont understand is how on God's green earth we got so far :p I am not complaining but I just dont get it. The MLS stinks in comparison to european leagues :p

Dude it's our freaking 'keeper, Friedel. I'm not a real big soccer fan, but that guy has been pretty amazing.

well done to the US, although mexico are noted (by mexicans) as very inconsistent. south korea V Italy should be a good game, then i've gotta get up early for the england V (lucky) brazil game.

>What I dont understand is how on God's green earth we got so far I am not
>complaining but I just dont get it. The MLS stinks in comparison to european
>leagues

You have to remember that almost the entire US team does NOT play in the MLS. The ones who are that good get signed in Europe, and the ones that haven't, will be after this Cup I'm sure.

Back