Worms Port for mac

Revamp

Registered
Does anybody know if the popular windows game-Worms-was ever ported to mac? Or if there was even an original one for mac?

Note-I'm not talking about Worms Blast here. That is not a true worms game.

Yes, the very old original was ported. Not great graphics but it is color.

I thought I heard something about Worms 3D being ported soon but I can't find anything on that.

yep, the original worms for mac are abandonware (is that legal? prolly is...) and it works under classic

Hey! I also found out that the new version (Worms 3D) scheduled to be released late 2003 will be OS X native!

Ooh, cool! Haven't played worms for ages. If the original is indeed abandonware, any ideas where to get a copy, or just the usual channels?

Originally posted by monktus
Ooh, cool! Haven't played worms for ages. If the original is indeed abandonware, any ideas where to get a copy, or just the usual channels?

Well you can no longer buy it and its so dreadfully old that anyone who tries should be shot. Sounds abandoned to me. mac.theunderdogs.com

I was at the apple store yesterday, and there was a worms game there, didn't really take a look at it though -- too excited about buying my iBook.

MP

Yeah, that's the game I saw... like I said, I didn't really take a good look at it, just saw the worms game. Sorry I couldn't be of more help -- though maybe this means the next worms game will be ported?

MP

Back