Worth becoming a Tiger developer?

drunkmac

has a mac beyond repair
Ok first off this question isnt asking where to get the stupid builds of Tiger.

Anyways, I was wondering exactly what kinds of Apple Developer programs are out there? I always get thrown like 400 different ones with all these discounts.

I am a college student so maybe that helps with pricing. To get builds of Tiger and to work/develop on them, what Apple program would best be joining in the ADC?

Please reply below and if you can add a "Student" price on how much it is, thatd be awesome. Appreciate it!

There is a student developer package, but you won't get Tiger seeds. You at least need to be a Select member to get the seeds.

And Select membership costs 500 USD, which gives you one year of ADC Select membership, one hardware discount (exact details see developer.apple.com), five seed keys and other wonderful things such as final versions of tested software, monthly mailings (not e-mail, mail!) and, quite probably, good karma. ;) ... I'd say it's worth it.

Worth it if you own a business for sure, but for just getting early builds of Tiger and the next version of the OS, well, not so much.

Quick Question: I cannot find where Apple lists on the Canadian ADC Select membership site the discount level for the one hardware purchase that comes with the Tiger Development Kit. Any idea what the level of discount generally is with these memberships?

Thanks

Back