WOT: PS2 / Mac

Sogni

*gone*
I know, WAY Off Topic, but I'm just curious! :)

PlayStation 2s have an iLink port (and USB),
iLink = Firewire
Macs have Firewire ports...

No idea what the iLink ports do, but any chance I can get it to interact in one way or another with my Mac? Say for example, video output or access the memory cards?

And while I'm at it - anyone know of ways to hack the PS2? Like modify the data in the memory cards, or even the actual game data in the cards? How about to play VideoCDs? :)

I love "dark light" (no main room light, just small area lights), so I was so happy that my USB Flyflight worked when I pluged it into my PS2! :D

it would be interesting to see if you mac mounted the PS2 like a hard drive...

have you tried connecting them yet?!?!

Nah... too lazy to disconect it, move it, reconnect it, especially since I can't walk yet...

But curiosity got to me (not to mention boredom and going stir-crazy), so I might try it tomorow. :)

That's a NO on both counts...

The PS2 does not show up at all on the Mac in System Profiler - like there's nothing even pluged in (I was sure I'd atleast see something there - at the very least garbled text for one of the firewire ports, oh well).

The Zip Drive (250MB USB/Firewire) never shows up on the PS2...

I heard of two devices, and I think one of them IS a 100MB Zip Drive specifically for the PS2 (or was that the PS1?) that I swear I saw with my own eyes at Fry's (outpost.com), but can't find it now...

The other, according to a Best Buy sales guy was a Hard Drive "coming in a few weeks" (when I bought my PS2 some months ago) - but the ONLY hard drive I have seen for the PS2 is for PS2 Linux, it does not work at all for any othe purpose other than Linux. :(

Oh well...

Back