Would my iBook Panther install discs work on other macs?

Chazam

Apple Virgin
I'm thinking of selling my copy of OSX Panther on eBay so i can put it towards getting tiger and was wondering:

A: Can you install Panther using the OEM discs for my iBook on other mac's so i can add that info to the auction?

And

B: Would my iBook restore discs still work under Tiger on my iBook?

On a quick side note, is tiger worth it? Especially with my spec of mac. [see sig]

Thanks for reading!

The disks will not work on your other macs and technically you are supposed to have a copy for every computer you install it on.

What do you mean will the restore disks work under tiger? If you wanted to go back, sure.

Worth it? I guess it depends, I hardly use spotlight because i know where i save my stuff. Dashboard, I use it for iTunes and the dictionary. I have basically the same iBook as you and it seems to be a little bit faster, Safari RSS is nice, as is Mail 2 if you use an exchange server.

I'd say it is worth it, it is still hard to use the iBook after using the G5 though (so slow).

I haven't got any other mac's to install panther on. :(
I was wondering if i sold my old Panther disc's on eBay if the person who bought them would be able to install them on a non iBook mac (E.g their powermac, powerbook E.T.C), then with the cash I got from selling my bundled copy of Panther put it towards Tiger.
The question about the restore disc's are about my Software Restore cd's that came with the iBook.

Thanks for replying! :)

bundled cds only work with the kind of computer they came with. And I am pretty sure that it is illegal to sell bundled media apart from the hardware, I don't really know though.

I've seen them on eBay before so i didn't realise it's be illegal to sell.
Thanks for the info, I'll just have to keep the Panther CD's and get tiger anyway. :)

Back