Would This Be A Fair Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidflas

Registered
I have a 15" 1Ghz TiBook 1GB Ram 60GB Superdrive w/airport card. It works perfectly but is slightly less than perfect cosmetically. It has a dent on the top and a 3/4" long scratch on the screen that is only noticeable when the screen shows white or black images. The screen has no dead pixels. Also included is a second generation airport basestion (snow, dual ethernet) and a nice leather carrying case for the lapop and an iCurve to set the laptop on. I have the original box for it with all original manuals and media. I'm looking for a dual 1.42 G4. Does this seem like a good equal trade? All constructive feedback appreciated.

Below are photos of the imperfections I mentioned:

dent.jpg

Dent

scratch.jpg

Well, I'd give you maybe a grand for that system if it were in perfect condition, plus $100 for the Base Station. Knock off $100 for the imperfections, and I'd say a grand even is a good deal for your TiBook and Base Station.

The 1.25 Ghz Powermac G4's start at $1299 in the Apple Store, so I'd say give up $300-500, depending on the condition and configuration of the 1.42 Ghz G4, along with the Book, and you'd have a deal.

Arden said:
Well, I'd give you maybe a grand for that system if it were in perfect condition, plus $100 for the Base Station. Knock off $100 for the imperfections, and I'd say a grand even is a good deal for your TiBook and Base Station.

The 1.25 Ghz Powermac G4's start at $1299 in the Apple Store, so I'd say give up $300-500, depending on the condition and configuration of the 1.42 Ghz G4, along with the Book, and you'd have a deal.

Even PowerMax.com will give you more than 1,000.

I actually ending up trading my powerbook for a Dual 1.25 MDD FW800 model which was stock except it has a Toshiba combo drive and a Pioneer DVD 106D superdrive. I'm happy with the deal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back