WoW patch issues

mw84

Registered
Hey, I haven't played WoW for a while, when I started it up yesterday the latest patch downloaded and tried to install. Somehow the recently new Launcher.app has been deleted from my system and the patch would not install without it.

So, I email the Blizzard support team and a few days later, I got an email pointing me to a Windows repair tool even though I'd specified all my system details from amount of ram to OS. So I did a quick search on Google for the repair tool which is apparently only available to Windows !:(

So my question is does anyone know how, where or if I can still get this working? (I've also tried the official WoW forums and got no response)

Which files would I need to keep so that my characters wouldn't be deleted? or is all that stuff stored on their servers?

I agree. Delete the World of Warcraft folder, re-install from the original media, and re-patch. Your characters are stored on the realm servers so you will not lose them. The only thing you will lose are some interface preferences like 'show buff duration'.

Good luck and see you online!

Tim

You won't lose your characters, but you'll lose all the UI modifications you've downloaded. So make a list, check it twice, and ... well, you know reinstall in peace. :)

Back