WTB iBook G3 800Mhz w/ combo or better..

Inocense

Registered
Basic need:.....
Something that will run my games while I am away from home (such as Diablo, UT2004 & Halo) and also play DVD's nicely.. :p

Let me know what you have and throw me a price..

If the price is right, consider it sold! :)

I have been looking at the G3 800MHZ 384MB 14" and I have seen them around for $699...

Can you do better? Let me know! :)

And thanks in advance..

"I recently switched over to the Mac world and I feel dirty when I have to touch a Windows system for work......"
:confused:

Welcome to the forum, Inocense.
If you really want to play UT2004 and Halo, you won't be happy with a G3 800 iBook.
For those games you should take a look at the recent powerbooks..

I so cannot afford a PowerBook right now.. I just finished paying off my G5... :(

I will be happy if I can atleast play games such as Diablo and Lord of the Rings.. I just need to be able to occupy my time at work during those sloooowwww nights.. :p

So what's up with the G3's? Sluggish? Should I try to get into a G4 iBook? Would that help matters? To tell you the truth I wanted to say in within the $700 ballpark.. So I am trying to see what I can get for that..

Am I being unrealistic?

Thanks for your help.. :)

It's not just about the G3. You will need more ram and a better graphic unit. I don't know about Diablo and LotR, but UT2004 and Halo will be really slow. On my tibook they run kinda ok, but not really the way it should be. For less then $700 you won't get a mobile mac that will be able to handle highend games. I would rather reduce my expectations and check what are your needs beside gaming. Maybe you can even pick an iBook G3 600? Mine does everything just fine, beside gaming. But that's not what they were made for.

ok.. So it looks like I need a G4 iBook..

Anyone with any ideas or anything for sale that you believe should be of interest to me let me know.. *head spins* :confused:

UT2004 and Halo don't even run on anything less than a 1GHz G4, according to the System Requirements.
I think you should hold off on the gaming, that's what the G5 is for :)

Back