X.1... where is 'make'?

darksun

Registered
I've been installer OS X Server 10.1 and i want to run ASP into my server... so I've tried to install Instant ASP.. but i have not a crack and the license is too expensive... so i've decided to install Apache::ASP module... but.........

When i try to install any type of module (CPAN, ASP, MD5) it tell me that it has no the 'make' command... what i have to do? Why into the folder /usr/bin/ there is no the 'make' command????:mad: :confused:

Yeah I also got command not found. I was like WTF??

I guess I can't install NMAP.

Can someone out there prove me wrong or provide an explanation?

:D That's right! I've found it out... in the OS X Server 10.1 the 'make' command has been renamed to 'pmake' (what idea...) so if ya want to use all the CPAN and other Perl based Makefile.pl u have to dupliacate 'pmake' and rename it to 'make' or simpli do an alias with this name.

Originally posted by darksun
:D That's right! I've found it out... in the OS X Server 10.1 the 'make' command has been renamed to 'pmake' (what idea...) so if ya want to use all the CPAN and other Perl based Makefile.pl u have to dupliacate 'pmake' and rename it to 'make' or simpli do an alias with this name.

pmake is the original name of the make integrated into BSD; it was the first make program with parallel compilation capabilities (hence p).

pmake, with some modifications, goes nowadays under names pmake, bmake, bsdmake, and (on BSD systems) make :)

Back