X server / OS9 users trouble creating folders

wapstar

iAussie
I run an X server here at work, and the users are having errors when creating folders. It says a folder cannot be created as they do not have permission. However it does go ahead and create the folder anyway.
The main problem is when copying CD's or other desktop folders to the server, you have to stop and then copy each individual folders contents after the folders have been created even after it says you cant create it.

I have been through and reset the permissions and checked the share points but still the problem persisits

Also does anyone now how I can automate the deletion of Network trash??

ok while I am here, when a OS9 user does a file search using sherlock, it slows down all of the other connected users.

I think that is it for now
Any help greatly appreciated.

I have exactly the same problem here - i manage a network of about 20 macs connected to an osx server and the os9 users are intermittently getting the folder cannot be created error. I'm hoping that an upgrade to 10.2.6 (from 10.2.5) and a reboot might solve the problem.

I had this problem with my OS X Server at work, mainly with Windows PCs connecting, but I changed file permission to 766 in Workgroup manager's sharing tab and did a 'Copy to all enclosed folders' and it solved the problem.

I had previously upgraded and it was only since the upgrade to 10.2.6 that it has happened

please explain the changing of share points in more details, do i change all the shared folders share points to 766?

Cheers

Back