Xbox 360 What do ya think?? etc.

CharlieJ

R.I.P bobw
Video

I think the xbox 360 is cool looking and i want one as i am a xbox live gamer currently and i enjoy it :D

It also has mac processors apparently? ::ha::

Attachments

• 1115927659-1.jpg
    1115927659-1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 3
  • 1115927661.jpg
    1115927661.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 1115960160.jpg
    1115960160.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 1115960161.jpg
    1115960161.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 1115960231.jpg
    1115960231.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 8
CJ MAC OSX IPOD said:
It also has mac processors apparently? ::ha::
Not any more than the GameCube does, and actually a little less than the PS3 will (in a way).

Both the GameCube and Xbox 360 use chips derived from PPCs. The GameCube uses a G3 derivitive, and the XBox 360 uses a G5 derivitive. But they are still very different from the processors used in Macs.

The PS3 also uses a PPC-based core. But the PS3's processing architecture is very different from anything else; it uses one central core (which is very similar to the G5s Apple uses), and a bunch of small SPEs (synergistic processing elements) that do most of the big number crunching.

Anyway.....

I'm not impressed with the XBox 360 at all. I'm not particularly impressed with the PS3 either, but it looks better, at least. Personally, I'm most excited about the Nintendo Revolution (which I think also uses a PPC derivitive, by the way). Sony and Microsoft have no vision; their consoles are simply evolutionary advancements over the previous generation. Which is fine, don't get me wrong, but the Revolution looks like it'll be all that and more, based on what we know of its 3D motion-sensing controller.

Unless MS gets wrestles some major third-party support away from Sony, I will not be buying an XBox 360.

Personally I'm not really a big console fan. I tend to buy out of curiosity then get bored and sell within a couple of months. I've done so with pretty much all of the current machines past and present. Righty now I'm pretty content with playing a few select games on my imac, however ! I HAVE been wanting to try a PSP since they came out and I think I'll be buying one of those over either the 360 or PS3.

The 360 has potential to be first in the "console war", but it and all the accessories are way, WAY to expensive. $100 for a 20GB HD. Which will be required for online play and backwards compatibility.

Mikuro said:
Not any more than the GameCube does, and actually a little less than the PS3 will (in a way).

Both the GameCube and Xbox 360 use chips derived from PPCs. The GameCube uses a G3 derivitive, and the XBox 360 uses a G5 derivitive. But they are still very different from the processors used in Macs.

The PS3 also uses a PPC-based core. But the PS3's processing architecture is very different from anything else; it uses one central core (which is very similar to the G5s Apple uses), and a bunch of small SPEs (synergistic processing elements) that do most of the big number crunching.

Anyway.....

I'm not impressed with the XBox 360 at all. I'm not particularly impressed with the PS3 either, but it looks better, at least. Personally, I'm most excited about the Nintendo Revolution (which I think also uses a PPC derivitive, by the way). Sony and Microsoft have no vision; their consoles are simply evolutionary advancements over the previous generation. Which is fine, don't get me wrong, but the Revolution looks like it'll be all that and more, based on what we know of its 3D motion-sensing controller.

Unless MS gets wrestles some major third-party support away from Sony, I will not be buying an XBox 360.

How do you know all that WOW
:D

I think its goin to be an alright system. i dont know if your really goin to tell that extreamly much compared to XBOX now. If you have HD cables and an HD TV, then Yes it will be a great improvement, But we will wait and see. i still think Sony has a better videocard. but X360 Might Throw me over the line to buy it right when it comes out.

Hm. I'm not _that_ much into games anymore. I've got a GameCube for the occasional car-race, and that's enough. But if you're really into gaming, why not buy the X360 _and_ the PS3... Some games will be exclusive on either, others will be better on one or the other platform. In my opinion, numbers like MHz and pipelines and graphical wonders etc. all don't count unless the _games_ actually rock.

Back