Xcode 3.2 not auto-synching with Interface Builder 3.2?

Hippo Man

Hippo Man
I'm running Snow Leopard (10.6.1), and I'm using version 3.2 of both Xcode and Interface Builder.

I'm noticing that Interface Builder is not being kept in sync with my Xcode project when I add or alter outlets and actions and then do a Save. I always have to explicitly invoke Reload All Class Files from the Interface Builder's File menu before new or altered outlets and actions show up properly when I control-click on my App Delegate icon.

In the General Section of Interface Builder's Properties pane, I have the following items checked:

When documents activate: Synchronize with Xcode
When documents open: Restore active objects
When documents save: Preserve bundle contents​

I have tried to fix this a number of ways. First of all, I exited Interface Builder and Xcode, deleted the following files and directories, and then restarted Xcode:

Library/Preferences/com.apple.Xcode.plist
Library/Preferences/com.apple.InterfaceBuilder3.plist
Library/Preferences/com.apple.InterfaceBuilder3.LSSharedFileList.plist
Library/Caches/com.apple.Xcode
Library/Caches/com.apple.InterfaceBuilder3
Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode
Library/Application Support/Interface Builder 3.0​

However, after doing all this, Interface Builder still refuses to auto-synch with Xcode.

Then, I re-downloaded and completely re-installed the entire version 3.2 Xcode environment. This didn't fix the problem, either.

Has anyone else seen this problem where the 3.2 version of Interface Builder doesn't auto-synch with version 3.2 of Xcode under Snow Leopard? This used to work fine for me under the earlier versions of Interface Builder and Xcode under Leopard.

I notice that the Library/Application Support directory for Interface Builder is called Interface Builder 3.0, even though I'm definitely using version 3.2 of that software. Is this correct?

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong, or how to fix this auto-synch problem?

Thanks in advance.
.​

Well, this is now fixed.

I had to go through the following steps twice before it started working again:

1. I shut down both Xcode and Interface Builder.
  2. I deleted all of the plists and all of the preference files and directories for Xcode and Interface Builder (this is the list of items I mentioned in my previous post).
  3. Since steps 1 and 2 aren't enough to fix the problem (I did them 2-3 times with no success), I then completely uninstalled Xcode and Interface Builder.
  4. I then shut down my computer.
  5. I restarted my computer.
  6. I reinstalled Xcode.

The first time I did this, the problem persisted. Only after I repeated all six of these steps a second time did the problem go away.

But anyway, it's working now, so all's well that ends well.
.​

Back