Xcode configuraion in iPhone SDK not the same as tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippo Man

Hippo Man
I have just now installed the iPhone SDK, and because I'm a novice, I'm going through Apple's video tutorial.

In this tutorial, the instructor brings up Xcode and immediately starts working on a project template called Cocoa Touch. However, when I start up Xcode, that template does not appear. Instead, I see a list of other templates which don't look like they have anything to do with iPhone applications: "Navigation Based Application", "OpenGL ES Application", "Tab Bar Application", "Utility Application", "View-Based Application", and "Window-Based Application".

Nowhere under any of the application categories do I see anything called Cocoa Touch.

What am I doing wrong? Could this be due to some sort of Xcode installation error?

I have seen this question asked on the web, but I have not found an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
PS: I'm using Leopard. I'm guessing that this error is related to the fact that it already comes with a version of Xcode (3.0, I believe).

I uninstalled that version of Xcode and also the iPhone version, both via sudo <Xcode>/Library/uninstall-devtools --mode=all. I then rebooted before installing the iPhone SDK all over again. I still had the same problem when I started Xcode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back