Xemacs

jamall

Registered
does anyone know how to get Xemacs working with smalleiffel? i've just gotten xfree86-rootless and xemacs to work, and now need xemacs to work with eiffel like it does on the solaris machines at uni, but have no idea what i'm doing! Any help would be appreciated

Maybe you should recompile it, except whenever you do the configure setup, see if their is a flag for Eiffel? I don't know much about eiffel, so maybe you have to configure eiffel or something, but just run a ./configure --help if you decide that you want to try and recompile.

Justin

If you have XEmacs working in rootless mode there is no reason to have to recompile it. The problem is that there is not Eiffle support in the default install. You need ot find out what sort of .el files you are using at school and install them in the appropriate place on your Mac. This is the same problem you would have for adding Eiffle support to [X]Emacs on any platform, the good news is that the steps are basically the same for everyone once you figure out what you need.

Good Luck,
-Eric

Back