Xfree86 install help ?

gigi

Registered
hi,
i am trying to install xfree86 but i get this error when i run "sh Xinstall.sh"

"Checking for required files ...
Can't locate URI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /System/Library/Perl/darwin /System/Library/Perl /Library/Perl/darwin /Library/Perl /Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl/darwin /Network/Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl .) at /usr/bin/head line 190.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/head line 190.
extract doesn't work properly, renaming it to 'extract.bad'
Can't locate URI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /System/Library/Perl/darwin /System/Library/Perl /Library/Perl/darwin /Library/Perl /Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl/darwin /Network/Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl .) at /usr/bin/head line 190.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/head line 190.
extract.exe doesn't work properly, renaming it to
'extract.exe.bad'

The versions of 'extract' and 'extract.exe' you have do not run'
correctly. Make sure that you have downloaded the correct
binaries for your system. To find out which is correct,
run 'sh Xinstall.sh -check'.

When you have corrected the problem, please re-run 'sh Xinstall.sh'
to proceed with the installation."

so i then run 'sh Xinstall.sh -check', and this is what i get

"[localhost:ray/Desktop/Darwin] root# sh Xinstall.sh -check
Checking which OS you're running...
uname reports 'Darwin' version '1.3.2', architecture 'Power Macintosh'.

No Darwin binaries available for this OS version"

any help or suggestions
thanks in advance

i downloaded "ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.0.2/binaries/Darwin/" the complete directory. the url you posted is for 4.0.3 which is to be installed "on top of the full release" (i think ).

I just found out that the 4.0.3 is to be installed on top of 4.0.2. You're right, sorry about that.
Well, if it still doesnt work read the "install" file... it might have something usefull on it. I know this is kinda dumb question, but do you have the developer tools installed? Maybe you could try reinstalling os x (which just replaces all of your existing system and doesnt touch anything else)?

Back