xp boot camp issues on mac pro desktop

markz

Registered
i have three seperate issues so far in boot camp running xp home

1. the wireless keyboard works for about 10 minutes and then goes crazy typing in random letters in any available text box. i was able to pair it without a problem. what can i do to make this keyboard work like its supposed to?

2. i am not able to use my line out for auido, i instead have to use the hadphone jack, how do i configure it to play audio through the line out in xp?

3. i can eject cd's but have no idea how to make the drive close once i have replaced the cd. the eject key only ejects and does not allow itself to be reinserted.

thanks in advance for any help!

1. not sure, is it an apple wireless keyboard, or a third party one?

2. This might work: In windows there is a small Silver speaker in the system tray (bottom right, next to the time). Double click it. Then in the window that appears click onto the options menu then properties. There should a list of check boxes with names of audio devices. Look for one thats labeled "Line Out" and check it. Then ok it, and it should appear in the volume control list so you can unmute it and increase the volume.

3. You might be able to push the cd drawer gently and the drive should just close. That's the best I got.

as an updat the keyboard seems to be working for now.

i added a firewire soundcard which works fine is osx but not in xp. i am using a usb soundcard until i can firgure out how to fix it. Is there a lack of support for firewire in bootcamp?

Back