YAY! I got 10.1!!! This is great! Right?

Did you update of 10.1 deliver on it's promises?

• Yes! My main OS is now becoming OS X!

• YES! My main OS was always OS X but now it's even better!

• NO! This update sucked! I'm staying with OS 9!

• NO! This update sucked, but I'm still staying with OS X since I like it better...

Results are only viewable after voting.

iPenguin

Hey, Look!
Yesterday (10/9/01) I received the 10.1 update CD in the mail and as quickly as i could installed it an my computer...

Once my iMac had booted up after the installation, I immediatly checked out all the cool no features and was greatly dissapointed by most of them... :(

The speed is EXACTLY the same as 10.0.4 was, although I can live with it, I don't need my windows to resize really fast, since I rarely do it... ;)

All the new features using the keyboard as mouse or pressing control f* to select menus or the dock are all really clunky and aren't very helpful...

The menulings are clunky and not designed very well AT ALL... (Mostly just the clock and sound ones, but the other ones aren't all that great either...)

And the worst thing is, I still have to run OS X in thousands of colors rather than millions... Millions makes it run a thousand times slower...

But not everything is bad... we can now choose are own highlighting color, and being able to choose how many apps you can see under recent apps...

But overall I think this 10.1 update was all hype and not really any fixes... mostly useless features that no ones really going to use...

And to those of you whose speed increased and everything is just wonderful, you are very lucky and I wish you the best... but for me these things are what I saw with my update...

And that's my opinion of OS 10.1... :)

Back