Yehaaaa!!!!

Tarambana

Registered
Finnally, I got decided and bought myself an iMac (17" TFT LCD, 1GHz, 768 MB Ram). And apart from the fact of its beauty. I would like to comment some of the things which I lke (A LOT), as I have been using M$ for the last 10 years.

First: I was amazed to see how easy it was to use. Everything worked right out of the box, and I installed it, without a fuss.

Second: The Aqua interface is so much clean and easy on the eyes than those of Windows (incuding XP's Luna).

Third: Managing applications is terribly simple. I never thought I would ever get free from the Registry and DLL's nightmare.

And Fourth: Though I were afaid of it not beaing reponsive enough, there was nothing to fear. I mean, the Mac users must be terribly demanding, because my iMac is even faster than the P4 (1'8 GHz, 512 Ram), that I used to have. It is for example faster when encoding music to MP3 or AAC.

All in all, I am totally satisfied with Apple and the Mac. I hope never to go back to the dark side ;-)

Originally posted by Tarambana

And Fourth: Though I were afaid of it not beaing reponsive enough, there was nothing to fear. I mean, the Mac users must be terribly demanding, because my iMac is even faster than the P4 (1'8 GHz, 512 Ram), that I used to have. It is for example faster when encoding music to MP3 or AAC.

All in all, I am totally satisfied with Apple and the Mac. I hope never to go back to the dark side ;-)

Well yes Mac users are demanding, but many don't have a point of comparison as you have. I have an iMac identical to yours in the same office with a Dell that has the same specs as your former P4. I agree totally.
Welcome to the Mac community.:D

Welcome, Tarambana, to the Mac community. :p

You'll find that as Mac users we tend to stick together as a community. Remember, if you get stuck on anything, just ask.

You can also expect to get a lot of uninformed criticism, too. The downside to Thinking Different is that you get laughed at by people who Don't Really Think At All. It happens - I might as well warn you now so you know to expect it.

Originally posted by Tarambana
Finnally, I got decided and bought myself an iMac (17" TFT LCD, 1GHz, 768 MB Ram). And apart from the fact of its beauty. I would like to comment some of the things which I lke (A LOT), as I have been using M$ for the last 10 years.

First: I was amazed to see how easy it was to use. Everything worked right out of the box, and I installed it, without a fuss.

Second: The Aqua interface is so much clean and easy on the eyes than those of Windows (incuding XP's Luna).

Third: Managing applications is terribly simple. I never thought I would ever get free from the Registry and DLL's nightmare.

Welcome! Stay! Enjoy!

Problems/Questions? Just pay a visit here... :p :D ;)

:)

::love::

haha tarambana, now you just need to learn to make fun of windows users ;-)
just kidding...

I'm sure he doesn't need to learn.

Tarambana: Nice to see a new face around here who knows a good computer when he sees it! We hope you visit here often and if you have any questions, we'll be the first to answer them.

I'm glad you had such a lovely positive experience!
Macs are great, welcome to the cult!

Hey! Thanks a lot for your replies. Day after day I am getting more and more the gripe of the system. Now I can say there a few more things I just love: I am amazed of how easy it is to customize the OS; I mean, even wiithout Apps like CandyBar (which is great), you can easily change icons (EVEN drive icons), which, on Windows is very hard with most items, and impossible (that I know of) with drives if you don't use a third party app. also, it is hard to believe that there is system wide spell checking, even on different languages from the one of the system...

So, I am more and more happy with my iMac. I love it!!

This thread should be on the Apple Switch site!

Tarambana: Have a reallllyyy good time with your Mac and welcome to Macintosh! Now convince other people to make te switch! :D

Um, gripe or grip? I hope you don't have any gripes with your system, just a grip. :)

Yep, I guessmyenglisisnorsogut

;-)

The problem is that I am spanish, and, sadly, as of yet, I am not so keen on speaking spanish as english.

So, no gripe, just grip.

:-D

By the way, I in fact am going to force my family to switch, no matter how much they beg and complain... lol

Oh! And there are two friends whom I expect to be able to convince.

Hey don't apologize for your use of english. That will improve with time. I can understand your posts which means you can communicate. Fluency will come eventually. Besides these forums might be a good place to learn about some of the more unusual aspects of english.:D

Arden, "Tarambana" is a spanish word ( guess that is what you were asking about), although it is not a usual one. Just for your interest: it is used to refer to someone who is a bit nuts, who is not perfectly able to distinguish good from better for example (which, in fact, was what happened to me before I switched, as I had sticked for so long, with pityful M$ Windows)

O, dicho de otro modo: Una persona allocada y de poco juicio.

Un abrazo.

Back