yet another security update just released

Thanks for the heads up.

Thought: Apple does not have nearly as many security updates as Microsoft. :p

hmm... hope that doesn't mean mac os x is less secure than MS software? :p naaaaah!

I wish I could remember the details. MS recently had a security problem brought to their attention and instead of fixing it they tried to convince people it wasn't a problem.

Anyway, I'm glad that apple is constantly fixing this stuff. However, I wish they could do it without rebooting every time.

Vanguard

According to Software Update, it was an OpenSSL update. Nothing to do with Apple, really. What confuses me is that it is version 0.9.6e, which is from July 30. OpenSSL is up to 0.9.6g now. Maybe f-g aren't bug fixes that affect Darwin.

Thanks for the tip, Ed.

For whatever reason, my Software Update doesn't pop up as it should. It's set to whatever the default was (Sunday night or something?), but even though I'm online then, it just doesn't initiate the routine.

Anybody else having issues with that?

Originally posted by vanguard
I wish I could remember the details. MS recently had a security problem brought to their attention and instead of fixing it they tried to convince people it wasn't a problem.

Anyway, I'm glad that apple is constantly fixing this stuff. However, I wish they could do it without rebooting every time.

Vanguard

Here's the information:
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,476431,00.asp

Back